The contents of this book may be described in the main as the original studies from which a summary was made and
a popular work published, in 1905, called China and Religion : at least these studies suggested the compilation of such a work.
It was thought better not to encumber China and Religion with too many references, proper names, and ” intensive ” matter generally.
“Studies in Chinese Religion” Content:
- The Old Chinese Spiritual Life
- Taoism. Its Gradual Development Out Of The Old Spiritual Iife
- Confucianism. Its Development Also Out Of The Old Spiritual Life
- Arrival Of Buddhism By Way Of The Indo-Scythian
- Empire Of The Oxus
- Islam In China
- Christianity, Printing, Etc.